Development Consultant - Part Time
Development Consultant – Part Time
Treatment Action Group (TAG) is an independent AIDS research and policy think tank fighting for better treatment, prevention, a vaccine, and a cure for HIV, tuberculosis, and hepatitis C virus (HCV). TAG is a not-for-profit organization founded in 1992 and based in New York City
TAG is seeking to hire a part-time Development Consultant. The Development Consultant will work closely with the Executive Director, the Board of Directors, the Development Committee, and senior staff and program managers to expand TAG’s current fundraising operations. TAG currently holds one annual gala, one donor cultivation event, carries out two direct mail campaigns, and successfully secures grants from corporate, foundation, and select multilateral funders.
The Development Consultant will look beyond TAG’s traditional donors and funders and catalyze programs and proposals that will significantly expand TAG’s revenue base during the current year.
- Develop strategy for and help staff execute digital and social media fundraising activities;
- Develop innovative and non-traditional fundraising strategies;
- Perform extensive research for new funders, write and submit Letters of Inquiry/Intent and grant applications;
- Perform current and past donor analysis using data from eTapestry and QuickBooks;
- Collaborate with staff to oversee direct mail campaigns;
- Work with Executive Director and staff to cultivate new and existing major donors through meetings, phone conversations, and sharing periodic organizational updates;
- Work with senior staff, board members, and major donors to increase major donor revenue;
- Partner with Development Committee of the Board to ensure fundraising needs and goals are being met.
- Broad knowledge of funder communities – within and outside the HIV/AIDS funding community;
- Experience building and executing online campaigns via crowdsourcing, Facebook;
- Minimum of five years’ experience fundraising including events, direct mail, proposal writing, funder research and development of online campaigns;
- Experience and proficiency with eTapestry is required;
- Experience and proficiency with Microsoft Excel is required;
- Strong attention to detail;
- Excellent communication skills – both written and verbal;
- Experience working with and presenting to Board of Directors;
- Demonstrated track record of writing successful grants;
- Demonstrated success in helping organizations grow and diversify funding base;
- Excellent collaboration skills – ability to work with a diverse group of program directors;
- Strong understanding and experience working with non-profits;
- Ability and willingness to cold call and meet with potential funders.
- Consulting fees will be commensurate with skills and experience.
This is a part-time position, up to 25 hours/week, and does not include health benefits.
Treatment Action Group is fully committed to the principles of equal employment opportunity. Applicants are considered without regard to age, color, creed, disability, disease status, ethnicity, marital status, national origin, parental status, sex, sexual orientation, or sexual identity.
Please send a current CV, three references and a cover letter outlining your interests and skills to Mark Harrington at email@example.com.
Grant proposal and/or development strategy (redacted for confidentiality) written solely by the candidate will be required for review during the interview process.
Please, no recruiters or phone calls.
# # #