The Viral Hepatitis Diagnostics Working Group (WG) is an informal network of community advocates, providers, researchers, and technical specialists meeting monthly to develop and advance advocacy to expedite and expand access to confirmatory point of care (POC) diagnostics for viral hepatitis in the US. The WG continues work initiated by the National Viral Hepatitis Roundtable (NVHR) and was revived this year in response to the FDA lowering regulatory barriers to entry for new hepatitis C (HCV) confirmatory diagnostic tools. The consultant will support the WG to engage diagnostics product developers to submit data for FDA approval, engage with US government agencies funding POC research, and build additional technical capacity and regulatory knowledge among WG members. The WG is convened in close collaboration with partners at NVHR.
Treatment Action Group (TAG) is an independent, activist, and community-based research and policy think tank committed to racial, gender, and LGBTQ+ equity; social justice; and liberation, fighting to end HIV, tuberculosis (TB), and HCV. At TAG, we strive to reflect in our organizational composition and operations the values, principles, and rights for which we advocate externally. This includes a commitment to equity and justice, as well as valuing diversity of experience, in our employment practices. We encourage people living with HIV and other conditions; Black, indigenous and people of color; women; transgender, nonbinary and gender nonconforming people; and people with disabilities to apply.
The consultant will work with TAG’s Policy Team and Working Group members to coordinate, facilitate, and support the WG to advance agreed policy and funding priorities and objectives. This includes drafting written materials, meeting facilitation and co-facilitation, notetaking, informing and guiding advocacy strategies, contributing to building WG consensus, engaging stakeholders and supporting educational activities such as webinars.
Reporting: Director of Policy Strategy
- Start date through October 31, 2022 with flexibility and extension contingent on funding availability and project needs
- Time commitment includes preparation, attendance and follow up for calls the 4th Thursday of the month, with flexibility according to work developments
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Coordinate drafting and approval of terms of reference for the VH Dx WG
- Lead WG engagement with at least one diagnostics manufacturer, including drafting and disseminating at least one community sign on letter, managing follow up and convening at least one meeting
- Lead WG engagement with at least one US federal agency, including drafting and disseminating at least one community sign on letter, managing follow up and convening at least one meeting
- Preparing WG members to effectively participate in meetings with diagnostics product developers and federal government stakeholders
- Providing logistical support for related activities: setting agendas, co-facilitating video conference calls / webinars, scheduling, note taking, and handover of files
- Liaising with TAG Comms team to support social media and public facing communications related to the WG advocacy.
How to apply:
- Expressions of interest can be sent via email to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Expressions of interest should include:
- 1 page cover letter
- Curriculum vitae (CV)
- 2 professional references
Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis, with the aim for the consultancy to start in April.
Treatment Action Group is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, race, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, marital status, disability, personal appearance, family responsibility, political affiliation or any other status protected by applicable law. People of color; women; transgender, nonbinary, and gender nonconforming people; veterans; and people with disabilities are encouraged to apply. People with lived experience with HIV, HCV, TB, substance use and/or incarceration are strongly encouraged to apply.