Our resource compendium is a non-exhaustive list of materials covering long-acting technologies to inform the hepatitis C, latent tuberculosis infection, and malaria scope of work under the LONGEVITY Project.
Long-Acting Technologies Trials Tracker
Illustrated Glossary for Long-Acting Technologies
Select Scientific and Technical Publications
- (2016) Strengths, Weaknesses, Opportunities and Challenges for Long Acting Injectable Therapies: Insights for Applications in HIV Therapy
- (2018) Implementation Challenges for Long-Acting Antivirals as Treatment
- (2020) Long-Acting Antiretroviral Therapy
- (2020) Advances in Long-Acting Agents for the Treatment of HIV Infection
- (2020) “A Dream Come True”: Perspectives on Long-Acting Injectable Antiretroviral Therapy Among Female Sex Workers Living with HIV from the Dominican Republic and Tanzania
- (2020) Modeling the Health Impact and Cost Threshold of Long-Acting Antiretroviral Therapy for Adolescents and Young Adults in Kenya
- (2021) Is Long-Acting Injectable Cabotegravir Likely to Expand to Pre-Exposure Prophylaxis Coverage Among Men Who Have Sex with Men in the District of Columbia?
- (2021) The Promise of Improved Adherence with Long-Acting Antiretroviral Therapy: What Are the Data?
- (2021) Top 5 Stories on Injectable HIV Treatment and Prevention from the Conference on Retroviruses and Opportunistic Infections (CROI)
- (2021) A Qualitative Exploration of Women’s Interest in Long-Acting Injectable Antiretroviral Therapy Across Six Cities in the Women’s Interagency HIV Study: Intersections with Current and Past Injectable Medication and Substance Use
- (2021) Qualitative Perceptions of Dapivirine Vaginal Ring Adherence and Drug Level Feedback Following an Open-Label Extension Trial
- (2021) Study Examines Attitudes Toward Long-Acting Injectable HIV Therapy Among Women
- (2021) Preparing for Long-Acting Antiretroviral Treatment
- (2021) Multi-Level Considerations for Optimal Implementation of Long-Acting Injectable Antiretroviral Therapy to Treat People Living with HIV: Perspectives of Health Care Providers Participating in Phase 3 Trials
Latent Tuberculosis Infection
- (2018) Long-Acting Formulations for the Treatment of Latent Tuberculosis Infection: Opportunities and Challenges
Community Reports and Long-Acting Technologies Community Advisory Board
- (AVAC) Long-Acting Injectable Cabotegravir
- (TAG and AfroCAB) Call for Applications! Malaria, Hepatitis C, and Latent TB Infection Long-Acting Technologies Community Advisory Board
New Articles and Press Releases
- (2020) Unitaid Invests in Long-Acting Medicines to Simplify Treatment and Prevention for HIV, TB, Malaria and HCV
- (2021) Will Long-Acting Antiretroviral Therapy be a Game Changer Globally?
- (2021) Long-Lasting Medications May Improve Treatment Satisfaction in People with Opioid Use Disorder
- (2021) ViiV Healthcare Announces Food and Drug Administration Approval of Cabenuva (Cabotegravir, Rilpivirine) the First and Only Complete Long-Acting Regimen for HIV Treatment
- (2021) Food and Drug Administration Approves Monthly Shot to Treat H.I.V.
- (2021) Monthly Injectable Cabenuva Approved
- (2021) Gilead and Merck Announce Agreement to Jointly Develop and Commercialize Long-Acting, Investigational Treatment Combinations of Lenacapavir and Islatravir in HIV
Conferences and Meetings
- (2014-2021) Long-Acting Extended Release (LA/ER) Antiretroviral Research Resource Program (LEAP)
- (2018) Unitaid Long-Acting Injectables Consultation Meeting
- (2019) Improved Long Acting Drug Delivery: What Are the Technologies?
- (2021) Evolving Access Pathways for Long-acting HIV Prevention Products
- (2021) Long-Acting/Extended Release (LA/ER) Antiretroviral Research Resource Program (LEAP) Investigator Meeting & Annual Workshop
- (2021) Tuberculosis Update from the LEAP Workshop Group on Development of Long-Acting Approaches to the Treatment of Tuberculosis
- (2021) What HPTN 083 and 084 Teaches Us About Injectable LA ARV’s: What Have We Learned, and What Do We Need to Learn Next? What to Do About the Tail? How to Avoid Oral Formulations at the End of LA PrEP Strategies?
- (2021) Current status of Long-Acting/Extended Release Cabotegravir (CAB) and Rilpivirine including Pipeline Report on Novel CAB Formulations
- (2021) Update on the Merck Long-Acting Extended Release Pipeline Islatavir and KM – 8507
- (2021) Lenacapavir (GS-6207): A First-in-Class Long Acting HIV Capsid Inhibitor
- (2021) Long-Acting/Extended Release (LA/ER) Antiretroviral Research Resource program (LEAP) – Viral Hepatitis Working Group
- (2021) Infants, Children, and Pregnant Women: How to Make Better Progress in Clinical Studies of Long-Acting Formulations?