Wednesday, January 22
8:00 am New York / 2:00 pm Geneva / 3:00 pm Cape Town
Back by popular demand! HIV coinfections such as tuberculosis (TB), cryptococcal meningitis, and hepatitis put the lives of people living with HIV/AIDS at risk and must be prioritized within life-saving bilateral efforts such as PEPFAR. The development of PEPFAR Country Operational Plans (COPs) for FY2020 provides a critical opportunity for advocates to ensure that the latest developments in preventing, diagnosing, and treating HIV coinfections and AIDS are implemented within PEPFAR programs.
Join Treatment Action Group (TAG), Médecins Sans Frontières (MSF) Access Campaign, Health GAP, IMPAACT4TB, and AVAC on Wednesday, January 22, for a webinar on how to engage in PEPFAR COPs advocacy and promote the prioritization of interventions that address HIV coinfections and AIDS.
Presentations will cover:
- TB Preventive Therapy: Lynette Mabote, Health Activist and TAG Consultant
- TB LAM Testing: David Branigan, TB Project Officer, TAG
- Viral Hepatitis: Bryn Gay, HCV Project Director, TAG
- AIDS: Jessica Burry, Pharmacist, and Helen Bygrave, Chronic Disease Advisor, MSF Access Campaign
- Lotti Rutter, Associate Director, International Policy and Advocacy, Health GAP
Introduction and closing:
- Suraj Madoori, U.S. and Global Health Policy Director, Treatment Action Group
This webinar is free and open to the public; register here.