Scientists are pursuing multiple approaches with the aim of developing interventions capable of curing HIV or keeping HIV durably suppressed in the absence of antiretroviral therapy. This module provides an overview of the many strategies that are currently under investigation in the field of HIV cure-related research.
HIV Cure-Related Strategies Module 101 Version (Powerpoint)
HIV Cure-Related Strategies Module 101 Version (PDF)
HIV Cure-Related Strategies Go Deeper Version (Powerpoint)
HIV Cure-Related Strategies Go Deeper Version (PDF)
HIV Cure Research Illustrations:
- NIAID Video – Approaches to an HIV Cure (White Board)
- HIV Cure Research Video by Josephine Nabukenya
- Barr L, Jefferys R. A Landscape Analysis of HIV Cure-Related Clinical Research in 2019. Journal of Virus Eradication 2020;6(4):100010.
- IAS Scientific Working Group on HIV Cure. Research Priorities for an HIV Cure: IAS Global Scientific Strategy (2021). Nature Medicine (1 December 2021). DOI:10.1038/s41591-021-01590-5.
- Ward AR, Mota TM, Jones RB. Immunological Approaches to HIV Cure. Seminars in Immunology, 2020.Sept.24:101412.