- OAR Battle: Round Two: Broad, Brilliantly Coordinated Offensive Brings Sneaky Concession From Illinois’ Rep. Porter
- Annus Mirabilis: A Look Back at an Extraordinary Year for Basic and Clinical Research on AIDS — and the Questions Raised
- Birmingham Bubble Burster: Dr. Robert Schooley on HIV Eradication
- Recipes for Failure: ‘Early’ Is Right, They Say, Unless of Course Your Regimen’s Wrong; Then You’re Shit Out of Luck
- Caution, Flammable!
- Hitting it Early, Hard: The Aftermath: The Fickle (and Unforgiving) Fashion of Antiretroviral Therapies: Early treatment choices and their unintended consequences.
- Viral Load Comes of Age: Propelled by Results From Multiple Studies, Viral Load Monitoring Lunges to the Forefront of HIV Medicine
- Aaron Diamond’s Dynamic Duo: The Latest Word on Protease Resistance
- Resistance Rules – Revised: Amino acid substitutions conferring reduced sensitivity to selected protease inhibitors
- Threshold, Schmeshold: Long-Awaited Research Paper Takes on the Viral Diversity Threshold, Cannibalistic CTLs and NSI-to-SI Switch
- Sacked on the Hill: Licking Their Wounds Following a FY 1996 Budgetary Revocation, Activists Regroup for the Battle of 1997
- Random Gleanings: Can HIV Be Eradicated from an Infected Individual? The Seventy Percent Solution (a/k/a “Fools Rush In …”) Nearly One Third Either Slow or Fast Progressors
- Clinically Clueless: Keystone Group Addresses Crisis in Post-Marketing Treatment Research and Access to FDA-Approved Therapies
- Review and Reform: OAR Advisory Panel Would Meld 12 Trials Networks into One and Requests Improved Institute Collaboration
- The Six Area Review Panels (ARPs): Of the NIH AIDS Research Program Evaluation Working Group of the Office of AIDS Research (OAR) Advisory Council (the “Levine Committee”)
- Monitoring, Not Management: Roche Requests Approval from FDA’s Blood Products Committee for Its PCR Diagnostic
- Deconstructing the Drama: Former ACT UP/NY Scientific Wunderkind Denounces Movement As “Messianic Utopianism”
- Comparing Protease Combinations
- Random Gleanings: A Tale of Two Epidemics; Researchers Report
- The Race to Ritonavir: FDA Approves Second Protease Inhibitor in Record Time – As Abbott Chief Warns Many to “Wait for the data”
- Medications contraindicated with the use of ritonavir
- Azithro v. Clarithro: Two Drugs Might Be Better Than One for Prophylaxis of M. Avium Disease, But Are Any of Them Clarithromycin?
- Random Gleanings: Expanded Access for Nevirapine and Delavirdine; OAR Loses Out on 1996 Budgetary Authority; Lowering the Vaccine Goalpost
- White House Summit: Clinton, Shalala, Fleming Host Gathering of AIDS Advocates, Care Givers and People Living with HIV at Day-Long Conference
- Resistance Rules: Amino Acid Substitutions Conferring Reduced Sensitivity to Selected Protease Inhibitors
- Retroviral Reprise: Confab’s Clarion Call: “Get It Down and Keep It Down,” with Hints–And Only Hints–Of How To Get There
- Random Gleanings: Message from CPCRA 007 and other combination studies; AZT resistant virus more virulent than wild-type?
- Hasta la vista, ACTG! ACTG Oncology Committee Finds New Home at National Cancer Institute, But Funding Is Woefully Inadequate
- Mother Pataki’s Cupboard: AIDS Therapeutics Omitted from the NY State ADAP Formulary as of 1/96:
- Shakedown: Federal Budget Shutdown and Flood of New Approvals Combine to Threaten Access to FDA-Approved AIDS Drugs